Eccoci all'avvio di una nuova edizione di Frieze NY che quest'anno è stata strutturata in modo fresco per confermarsi come una evento di grande respiro, dopo la precedente edizione che era parsa un poco troppo tranquilla.
Quest'anno sono stati rinnovati tutti i progetti:
- Frieze Talks, curated by Tom Eccles and Amy Zion (both Bard College, New York), drawing upon contemporary literature and challenging sound-bite, tweet-driven narratives
- Museum acquisition fund, with the Brooklyn Museum, supported by LIFEWTR
- Ambitious solo presentations by the world’s most exciting artists, including Tracey Emin, Theaster Gates, David Hockney, Betye Saar, Arthur Jafa, Zoe Leonard and Kemang Wa Lehulere.
- Seminal 20th-century artists, including
Roy Lichtenstein, Nancy Grossman, Louise Bourgeois, Phyllida Barlow, Henri Matisse, among others .
- Curated gallery presentations, exploring global contemporary questions, from migration to identity politics and experiences of war
- Frieze Live, full details of the fair’s new section for performance, curated by Adrienne Edwards (recently appointed Whitney Museum of American Art, New York). Artists include: Adam Pendleton, Hank Willis Thomas and Lara Schnitger.
- For Your Infotainment / Hudson and Feature Inc., full details of a new gallery section curated by Matthew Higgs (White Columns, New York). Artists include: Takashi Murakami, Tom of Finland and Lily van der Stokker.
- Curated sections, including Spotlight, curated by Toby Kamps (Blaffer Art Museum, University of Houston), and Frame, advised for the first time by Andrew Bonacina (The Hepworth Wakefield) and Laura McLean-Ferris (Swiss Institute, New York).
Oggi e domani si parte con l'apertura riservata e poi via ingresso per tutti dal 4 Maggio.
Cristin Tierney Gallery